Having posted some drone footage of our property from above on instagram, lots of people were asking what building was what, so here's a little plan of Le Verger de Noyers...
1. La Maison de Maitre (The Manor House) This is our home, a wonderful house built in the mid
1800’s with large rooms and a fantastic attic space. Needs some internal modernisation - we can’t
wait to fit a new kitchen!
2. Le Pigeonnier (The Dovecote) A stunning building which we will convert into a little love nest for
two people to rent. It has the best views down the valley.
3. La Grange Ouverte (The Open Barn) This includes log stores and a large open space where we
currently store vehicles and various other bits and pieces! It will make a great covered entertaining
4. La Grange (The Barn) - It’s enormous! It houses Kell’s workshop, the pool house, a laundry room,
carpentry wood storage and garden storage. Upstairs there is a one bed apartment that we are
renovating. The large area of the barn is being used to store all of the furniture and kitchen
equipment from our London restaurant.
5. La Piscine (The Swimming Pool) a lovely south facing 10m x 5m salt water swimming pool - it’s
heated and this year it's had a brand new liner
6. La Ferme (The Farmhouse) a wonderful old farmhouse dating from the 1700’s. We are currently
refurbishing this into a holiday let.
7. Le Potager (The Vegetable Garden) It has raised planting beds and walnut trees. We have now added
a greenhouse and are adding more vegetable beds and fruit trees this year.
8. Le Pétanque (French Boules) A work in progress, soon to be a pétanque pitch, with the most
amazing view and a terrace to enjoy watching the game and the setting sun.
9. Le Source (The Water Spring) We have a large water source and water storage tank in the woods
which provides a lot of water all year round. It is not currently used in the house, but plan to get it
tested to see if it is ok to drink.